Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Nanukistan III

International Affairs

I think I will join the United Nations. That way, I’ll get to New York a couple of times per year, which is nice. Although I hate and am terrified of public speaking, and therefore will be very reluctant to address the Hall, I will attend the annual meeting of the General Assembly, especially if the dates thereof coincide with a Broadway appearance by Ralph Fiennes.

Should there be an international incident which requires my presence in New York at a time when Ralph Fiennes is not on Broadway, I will settle for any production featuring Gabriel Byrne. And in the case of an unprecedented nuclear-related crisis, I’ll even go to see Hugh Jackman.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

the feline minions can cover all public speaking

Anonymous said...

Here you could explain that it is the custom to express things in your country through blogging. Except for those all-important Ralph-centric meetings....

Anonymous said...

Maybe the empress will declare war on the neighbours? I see touches of meglomania creeping in already. I suspect the cats will be seeking political asylum shortly. Thank goodness I am a long, long way away from all this!!!!

cityofmushrooms said...

the cats are a distict society