Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Cage Match!

They want your Xmas dollars.

The billboards around town and the t.v. commercials make it clear that this year’s Xmas battle is between the Telus Monkeys and the Bell Beavers. They are everywhere.

I’m in the Bell beaver camp. My particular fave is the billboard with the beaver in his slimming black turtleneck sweater with his belly sticking out. Hilarious.

I think Telus are resting on their laurels. They’ve been doing cute campaigns with cute exotic critters for so long, I’m really not that enthralled with their strange-looking monkeys du jour.

And, in both cases, am I actually interested in the cellular phones they are trying to sell me? No, not really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine my surprise when I get to the end and find out that they are cell phone shills. Cute critters sell cell phones? (Say that 5 times fast) We have annoying people selling ours...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'll try to find some pics, so you can rate their cuteness factor.

Anonymous said...

my boss tells me my colleague and I are like the telus monkeys - always bickering about something mundane and making life so much more interesting around this dull place. My vote is for the monkeys. I find that one dumb beaver is ... um, well dumb.
Ever so articulate, N.

cityofmushrooms said...

of course, miss mushrooms still longs for the telus "piggies"