Sunday, November 05, 2006

Adios, Saddam

So the Man in the Hole will soon be in the hole for good.

Unlike 99.999999% of the planet, I'm against this. I think the Americans have figured out that one of the ways to escape from Iraq is to forget about democracy and install a new strongman. They're putting a want ad on monster.com right now.


Why look for a new strongman when you've got a perfectly adequate one sitting around with nothing to do? You want to make Saddam miserable and regret the day he was ever born? Put him in back in charge of Iraq today, and give him a deadline to get things in order. He'll end up killing himself just to get out of that mess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a huge mess, I don't even know what to think. What does our man Ware say about it? I'll just agree with him...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'll let you know if I hear anything. So far, all the Saddam reporting has come from John Roberts, so it's been pretty safe commenting.
I'd like to hear Ware's point of view on this one.
So you don't have CNN any more? You did this voluntarily, or was it taken away from you by the evil cable company?

Anonymous said...

It was "voluntary", if by that you mean I got laid off and cable was the easiest bill to get rid of! I had to get all my ducks in a row, so to speak, and worry about the important things like the mortgage and car payments. It's been over a month, and it still hurts like the first day! I really shouldn't whine- there are people that go without a lot more than cable! Shame on me.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Gotcha. Economic realities etc. That's rough.