Wednesday, November 29, 2006

George is Annoying (Not Bush, for a change)

Since I’m in a bit of a “complain about all things Canadian” mood, let me complain a bit about my friend, George Strombouloupoulos. Why does George always feel he has to act cooler, or just as cool as, his guests? It’s irritating.

Earlier this week he interviewed Noel Gallagher, who is, we must all agree, a pretty cool guy, even though he doesn’t “get” French Canada. So there’s George, trying to out-cool, out-hip Noel Gallagher. What a waste of energy. Gallagher was surprisingly nice and modest and normal, and not drunk.

Last night, George had the boys of Tenacious D on. I couldn’t bear to watch.

Tomorrow, it’s the divine Alan Rickman. Rickman is a lot of things, suave, smooth, wry, snape-ish, but he’s not particularly “cool”. So how will George approach him? Oh Lord, please do not allow George to try to out-suave Rickman. Dare I watch?

6 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

oh dare!

cityofmushrooms said...

what?! you don't like jack black?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I LOVE Jack Black. That's why I don't want to watch George trying to out-cool Jack. Too painful.

cityofmushrooms said...

well, I watched it on-line and yes, your george tries to out-cool the d's but he can't

I hope alan will slay him as well...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Speaking of on-line watching, can you find the Daily Show anywhere? I don't know if it's still on YouTube anymore. You must find last night's show. Your man Tom Waits was on. I'm watching it right now (on t.v., not on line). He's singing The Day After Tomorrow. He cool.

cityofmushrooms said...

now if we could only find a copy of his new cd in this city...