Monday, November 13, 2006

Miscellaneous Monday

I have the day off for Remembrance Day. yay. It was supposed to rain all day, like it did Saturday and Sunday, but so far, it hasn't. double yay.

I was out raking leaves at 10:30 a.m. for about half an hour. I'm so good.

I've been doing housework ever since then. I'm so good.

I'm trying to decide which night class to take in January. I can't take another basic law class until the spring because nothing in January is being offered at a convenient time. So I'm thinking of a language class. Either Mandarin or Japanese. I'm not planning to go back to China any time soon, but I am planning to visit Japan in the next 2 or 3 years, so I'm leaning towards Japanese. I learned a good lesson in Italy, which is I HATE not speaking a single word of the local language, so if I can at least learn to say "where is the train to Kyoto, please" in Japanese, that would be great.

In theory, I should be taking Spanish again (for the 20th time) because that could actually be helpful at work, but I don't want to. All the courses are conversational, and I don't need conversational Spanish, I need to be able to read Spanish and increase my vocabulary. There don't seem to be any classes for that. And I'm not really keen on going over "la casa de mi hermano" again.

In domestic news, the Big Red One got walloped by Miss Hitler this morning. Their "play" is getting really rambunctious. There were tufts of red fur all over the living room. This was part of the reason I decided it was time for housework. I may change her name to Tuffy because she is a Formidable Opponent.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

why not take a japanese cooking class in japanese?
kill 2 birds

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'll settle for buying my sushi.
and my teriyaki.
and my tempura.

How unBourdain of me, I know.

gsdgsd13 said...

Again, drunk, but...

The Big Red One? Miss Hitler?

Until I saw the "living room" and "fur" reference, I thought you were talking about U.S. college football.

I need to go to bed.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Hate to break it to you but if there is one subject you will NEVER see me refer to: it is U.S. college football. NEVER.