Wednesday, November 22, 2006

D'Oh! Canada...Hostie

What is with Steve's impromptu motion to have Quebec declared a nation within a nation?

I'm always so embarrassed when someone from the ROC (Rest of Canada) panders to us. And when it's the Prime Minister it is doubly uncomfortable. If there was one PM I thought would hand us our asses on a platter, it was Steve. If you'd told me last January (ah, that fateful 23rd of Jan.) that Steve would be on his knees before us on a regular basis, I'd've never believed it. But there he is again.

Word is Steve was taking a shellacking in the Quebec polls because of little things like Afghanistan (what? is that still on?) and his one-sided support of Israel. So he had to worm his way back into our fickle little hearts.

Can't let Ignatieff have all the glory, eh?

And all the parties except the Bloc seem ready to go along with this. By Jove!

I can't believe redneck Albertans are thrilled with their little Stevie these days. Preston Manning would've never proposed such a wimpy motion.

They'll all be speaking French in Calgary any day now. Tabarnack!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

A nation within a nation...l'arbre est dans ses feuilles marie-ron-don-de!...

JAW fan

NB: Why do I have a feeling I will have to explain this joke...

Anonymous said...

Explain it? It is clearly a reference (cleverly translated) to Rush's political parable THE TREES

cityofmushrooms said...

Ahoy, maties, in the nation of quebec: I salute you!

this is an example of stevie cleverly stealing iggy's fire and giving quebec a cake with a razor in it: yeah, sure, yer a nation all right and so what? a nation inside a nation. There I gave ya the bonbon, now shut yer gob. Harper is laughing up his sleeve at quebec nation and ROC nation. The wily fox.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

JAW, I know that song and I suspect Ms Chicken Coupons does too. Sing it, Zachary.

Mr. Anonymous, why bring up Rush? I'm been trying NOT to think of them all week.

Ms Mushrooms, Apparently nobody is fooled by wily Steve. I heard a woman on CBC this a.m. say "he just wants our votes". Fine, but what if he gains Quebec and loses other provinces?

cityofmushrooms said...

oh, it's all hell in a hand basket
and ps. I read that calgary is the french immersion capitol of the universe so colin du bin d'ey's all ready speaking the language of victor hugo (all thru the stampede parade, no doubt)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Did you see Iggy on the news? All puffed up and saying "this has been my policy all along". Gloating. He annoys me.

Duceppe is floundering around. Everything he says makes him look stupid. Canadian politics is fun sometimes.

cityofmushrooms said...

oh yeah, steve's big triumph is trumping duceppe

I can't yet figure how he's going to make iggy his dog, but he will