Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Liberal Invasion

Yikes, the Liberal Convention is gearing up, just down the street from here. Note to self: Carry emergency egg for possible Iggy encounter.

You know what this Convention means. Over 5000 delegates? Long line-ups at the Sushi Shop counter in the Palais des Congres for the rest of the week. No strolling down the block for lunch-time sushi for me for the next few days. Man, the sacrifices I have to make for democracy.

I can't predict a winner, although I'll venture to say (or hope) that it won't be Iggy. I'd like to see Stephane Dion get the job, representing the nerds of academia everywhere. But he's a dark horse. If a dark horse does win, it'll be Kennedy, Mr. Food Bank. My sister likes him and she's in Ontario, so I'm willing to give him a chance. As a leftist, though, I have to go with Bob Rae.



Holy shit. Is that Eugene Whelan in his green cowbody hat? He's not dead? I just had to post this photo because old Gene is the only politician I've actually ever met and spoken to. I met him at the Embassy in Washington years ago, when both Gene and I were much, much younger. I wonder if they will bury him with that stupid hat. Heh.




1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

when I was in grade 9 or 10, our class was bused to the hill where we all stood in line to shake hands w/john diefenbaker (it was scary)