Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Watching TV


Don't watch much teevee these days other than news, but I am enjoying Hell's Kitchen again. I assume the appeal of this show is the same for everyone: the hysterical rantings of Gordon Ramsay. How loud can he shriek? How profane can he be? God, I'd hate to work for him.

This week's highlight: "When you cook something in a non-stick pan, it doesn't stick. That's why it's called F**KING NON-STIIIICK!!!"

Onto CNN. I figured out why CNN keeps Paula Zahn on the network. Clearly they don't have to pay her. Her salary is covered by the Israeli govt. Appalingly biased woman.

I like the queen bee, Christiane Amanpour. She used to bug me, but the more I watch her the more seriously I take her. I saw her on Charlie Rose's show last week, where she could talk for longer than a 3-minute segment and she was interesting.

I can't watch any story about Israel without thinking of Joe Schlesinger. He said: "Jews are news". And that always pops into my head.

But the thing that is keeping me tuned to CNN on a daily basis? The steady, unfolding deterioration of John Roberts' hair. The perfectly coiffed silver helmet of JD's first days is long gone and now he has war-torn bed head. I wanna see how bad he can look. The worse his hair looks, the more cred I will allot him.

He'll need to take lessons from uber-smooth-Euro Alessio Vinci, who keeps looking fresh and seductive, despite endless boring duty at the port of Larnaca where basically nothing much is happening anymore. Time to send Alessio to a hot spot, where he can continue to look smooth and seductive in far worse conditions. I stay tuned.

No comments: