Sunday, July 09, 2006

Le Grand Jour

Is it a month already? How time flies!

I still have no preference. If I wanted to be assured of a good night's sleep tonight, I'd have to go for France. If the Italians win, the honking and shouting and partying will go on all night. sigh.

On the other hand, everybody's talking about Zidane's final moment, but he and his fellow vieux have already won a World Cup. So how come little del Piero can't win him a World Cup too. He needs the drama.

But if Italy win, will Totti suck his thumb again? I could live without that frankly.

Ribery, who, let's face it, I discovered long before the international press jumped on the bandwagon, is young. He'll get another chance.

But Cannavaro won't and my Helm-sized crush on him is clouding my judgement.


Henry hasn't lived up to what I expected to see from him. If he does, i.e. if he can manage to stay on-side, he will score and France will win.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again
GO ITALIA!!!
(tho also: go zidane)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Two faced!

cityofmushrooms said...

c'mon: weren't you torn?