Thursday, July 27, 2006

Steve! He made me do it again

He MADE me write him another e-mail. Here's my e-mail to the Prime Minister's office.

"I was disturbed by yesterday’s comments by the Prime Minister which implied that UN observers killed by Israeli bombing were somehow responsible for their own deaths by remaining in the line of fire.

The UN’s role is precisely to be near the source of a conflict to work as unbiased witnesses to it. How else can an observer observe if he or she is not on site?

UN facilities are clearly marked, and if reports from the field are accurate, the Israeli forces were asked several times to avoid the UN site. I realize the Prime Minister cannot be held responsible for the negligent actions of the Israeli military, but implying that the victims are to blame because they remained at their posts and did their jobs as international civil servants is just too much.

I am concerned that the Prime Minster’s pro-Israeli bias is clouding his judgement.

Thank you for your attention."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely put Nanuk - let us know if you get a response.

cityofmushrooms said...

nanuk or rather ZE nanuk: YOU ROCK!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

(Blush!)

I look forward to receiving cake and goodies in my jail cell when Tory goons throw my rebellious behind in the slammer.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»