Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Tsunami Update


There are now over 300 dead in the Indonesian tsunami, but we still don't have time to worry about that because we are waiting for cruise ships (!) to rescue Westerners from Lebanon. That takes up all our news time.

I know I am a very grim skunk indeed, but wouldn't a cruise ship full of Americans fleeing Lebanon present a nearly irresistible target for, oh I dunno, an Iranian-made missile? How much protection are these cruise ships going to get. I don't think I'd wanna be on one.

Oh, and didn't over 50 people die in a bomb blast in Baghdad yesterday? Remember Baghdad? There's been some trouble there recently. I've just about forgotten it. Is the war still on?

And over in Asia, Kim Jong Il pouts, ignored.

I wonder what Zidane's doing today. I miss him and his little news story.

No comments: