Tuesday, July 18, 2006

W strikes again


I just saw the video of Bush giving Angela Merkel a little squeeze on the shoulders. Ick!
He's that guy at the office, isn't he? The one who can't go by a female colleague without a "funny" little pawing. Is he completely out of touch with protocol? I guess there wasn't any big red warning in his protocol briefing that said DO NOT TWEAK THE GERMAN CHANCELLOR. He is such an alpha male bully.

Imagine if Clinton had touched a female world leader like that. We'd never hear the end of it.

Merkel looked pretty uncomfortable. But I have to hand it to her. She didn't stand up and punch him in the nose. Perhaps she HAD been properly briefed not to slug the American President when he touched her inappropriately.

Ok, I was wrong yesterday. He is a dimwit. And I should be worried about it.

I predict this will be Bush's last international trip. It's not safe to let him loose on the world.

I wonder who was most jealous? Laura, Condi or yo Blair?

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

you know how much tv (so-called) news annoys me but I did watch a clip of the g-8'ers and I couldn't get over bush's I-own-this-meeting body langauge as he lolled in a chair w/his legs apart like a football jock while putin sat all coiled up beside him

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Another Bush highlight (lowlight?): Having his mouth full of peanuts or something while talking to Tony Blair. Chomp. Chomp. Classy.

cityofmushrooms said...

who is he playing to? I mean who is supposed to be impressed?

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm too lazy to go find the exact comment to reply to, but I never voted for this stupid man! Even Able Assistant, a Republican who voted for Reagan, didn't vote for him. Sadly somewhere crazy people are voting.

I still can't get over the Japanese PM being taken to Graceland. Yo Blair IS pretty funny though. Although you know he didn't say it in a friendly fashion. He said it like get over here now oh lapdog.

cityofmushrooms said...

on the other hand, perhaps the the japanese PM asked to be taken to see the king...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'm sorry that Koizumi is retiring. Ever since the Graceland visit, I've grow fond of his weirdness.

On the other hand, if Stephen Harper did anything close to that, I'd be mortified.

cityofmushrooms said...

but elvis doesn't in calgary...
(that we know of)