Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yuck

Sometimes it's dangerous to flip from one station to another. Last night, I flipped past Newsworld while they were showing a documentary on gastric by-pass surgery done using laparoscopy.

Really, the tubes they stick in the patient are much larger than I'd imagined. And they jammed them into people's abdomens like plugging a hole in a tire. I can't really picture myself lying there like a beached whale with all that equipment driven into my gut. It made me feel light-headed. I'm not feelin' so brave today.

On the plus side, since this laparoscopic surgery is performed routinely now, maybe while the Doc's in there decluttering various organs, I can ask that he suck out some flab at the same time. Since he's in the neighbourhood and all.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

nothing good can come from watching operations on TV, trust moi

Anonymous said...

...although I kind of like the idea of getting more than one thing done while you're there...it saves times...maybe, you can even ask to have your hair done while you're under.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

a pedicure as well