Tuesday, January 08, 2008

So far, so good

The year is not yet lost. I did some decluttering over the weekend. (Bows, awaiting applause.)

It's true what they say: I did feel better afterwards, even though nobody but me would be able to see a difference.

Two rooms are done. Last night when I got home I vaguely considered doing a bit in the kitchen, but then thought bleh, forget it. Don't want to go overboard.

In not-so-good household news, my kitchen ceiling is peeling. I guess there is quite a lot of moisture that has gotten in between the second floor and the kitchen ceiling and it is causing the paint to crack and become unstuck. I haven't got an actual bubble of dripping water (yet) but I guess an early Spring paint job of the kitchen is inevitable.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

may I suggest the book tape of john irving's "a widow for one year"-it's about 20 cd's long-you could paint the ceiling in your kitchen, every wall in your house, and probably the CPN's house and snow-free driveway and the story STILL wouldn't be finished

Anonymous said...

Sending applause your way!

I too baulked at the kitchen - I really have to be in a decluttering mood for that!

mmmmmm- creepy - peeling paint in my loungeroom ceiling - thats what happens when you don't clean the spouting for years - the water has to go somewhere!!!!