Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What Do You Do, Vargas?

and not: What does Vargas do?

Sunday night I was not in t.v. watching form, but I happened to flip around a bit and came across, you know it, you love it, Thunderball.

In a moment of impeccable timing, it was the scene where Bond shows up at some rich guy's swanky estate, and meets a lady in a pool. Then the rich guy comes out and, yes, his two henchmen: Vargas and the other one.

What timing! I said.

He does not drink
He does not smoke
He does not make love.

I didn't have the concentration to keep watching, so I only stuck with it for a few minutes. That junkadoo goes on forever. And then some woman denigrated Bond's love-making skills. I know, I know, it was only for King and Country. I did not see the rest of the movie but only hope that in the end she was served her just desserts.

No comments: