Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Today in Luis Guzman News

Some of you may know that I am big fan of Luis Guzman. Well, who isn't, right? And anyone who isn't should reform their ways and become a fan, sez I.

I found this funny story on slate.com today about how our Luis is starring in a series of commercials for cheese.

Now if you were to think of the 50 States of the USA and try to pick which is the unlikeliest state for Luis to live in, where would that be? Of course! Vermont! But it turns out Luis is a "gentleman farmer" living in Vermont and was more than happy to appear in commercials for a local cheese producer.

Now could anything be cooler than being, say, in Burlington at PizzaUno and seeing Luis Guzman at the next table. I ask you. That would be bliss.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up - Mrs. Anonymous and I are taking the two little anonymi to Burlington for Mardi Gras and thanks to a gift certificate we received for Xmas from Madame Archeologist we will actually be going to Pizza Uno.

I will be ready to snap Guzman pix that you will have exclusive posting rights to.

cityofmushrooms said...

I'm still getting over "Luis Guzman, gentleman farmer"

Anonymous said...

It would be wrong -- just wrong -- for me not to mention that Luis Guzman and I are like "this." (Imagine I'm holding two fingers, dangerously close to one another.)

And by "like this" I mean "If I saw him I could remind him that we worked together ten years ago."

And he was always going up to his place in Vermont at the time, and even then I felt uncomfortable for my frozen nanosecond pause when he told me.

A hispanic? In Vermont?

Next you'll be telling me Oscar Peterson is from Kitchener.

And, uh, that's my Luis Guzman story.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'll believe your "story" when you produce a photo of yourself and Luis yukking it up on a dairy farm.