Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday a.m. update

My nurse has just hit the highway back to Toronto, so I am on my own for recovery now. I'd be feeling fantastic if not for this stupid head cold. Still pretty congested.

I'm eating like a baby or like Abe Simpson, depending on your point of view. Everything is mashed or cut into tiny tiny pieces. But I have managed to eat sweet potatoes, mashed up carrots and peas, scrambled eggs, canned spaghetti, and, believe it or not, pork roast! I'm timing my eating. It takes me 20 minutes to eat a small plate of supper. I chew every bite at least 30 times. What the heck, I've got nowhere to go. I'm very pleased with my progress, and everything is sliding down the gullet no problem. yay.

I'm examining my incisions. I have no stitches, just surgical tape which will fall off over the next few days. Looking good and clean so far.

On the agenda for today: read a book, nap, watch a few episodes of Arrested Development on DVD, nap, putter. busy, busy, busy.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

life is good

Anonymous said...

Arrested Development - very funny, weird show - sure to aid you recovery, as long as you don't pop something surgery-related from laughing.