Monday, January 14, 2008

TV fun

The one good thing to come out of the writers’ strike is having the Golden Globes announced and wrapped up in a few short minutes.

I missed half the announcements because I was flipping back and forth between the GGs and Dr. Strangelove.

After seeing From Russia with Love a bit earlier and then Dr. Strangelove, I am really feeling nostalgic for the Cold War. I always do, but now more than ever. Those were the good old days. When I saw the story this morning about the British Ambassador being hauled in before the Russian Foreign Minister over some spat, I sighed wistfully.

But back to the GGs, I kept checking in with Larry King but his comments were so inane (even by his standards) that I had to give up. When Larry grumbled that he didn’t understand why “Daniel Day” did not win Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, I just wanted to strangle him. Has he actually seen any of the movies he raves about? I know I’m stating the obvious, but I am continually amazed at what a clueless fool Larry is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel Day??? What was he in again???
Good old Larry, that research is so spot on as always!!!!

Nice to see 'our Cate' win an award (she is a Melbourne girl afterall....)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Speaking of Melbourne, there was an item on the news about some teenager in Melbourne who had a party in his parents' absence and his friends trashed the whole neighbourhood. I didn't catch all the details. The kid must be a local celebrity by now, or even an international celebrity! He looked liked a typical spoiled rich kid.