Thursday, January 10, 2008

Money Woes?

An article in La Presse today says that gas at $1.50 a litre is just around the corner. Yikes.

Fortunately for me, because my car is slowly rusting away and on the verge of expiring, it has become unreliable, so I'm barely driving it this winter. Therefore I have no need to fill up very often.

On the negative side, heating oil is also going to be at a record high in the very near future, and that's gonna cost me a lot.

On the positive side, I do own a nice shiny cup that I can use whilst begging on the street corner. I need to find some gloves with no finger tips for the complete Dickensian effect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ours is up to $1.44A a litre, which is hideously expensive. And of course January is the big holiday time when lots of people go away, so there are a lot of unhappy people around.

Luckily I don't drive my old rustbucket much either.

Isn't this what the Iraq war was about? Oil?