Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Fetish

There’s a man at work who I have nicknamed “The Perfect Storm” because, for me, he has the Big Three elements that make a man irresistible.

1. Scottish
2. Military background
3. Painfully shy.

Now all of these could be analysed individually, which I might just do now.

Item No. 2 is particularly disturbing because as an anti-war leftist pacifist, why do I find the whole military thing such a turn-on? Troubling indeed. I don’t think there’s any explaining these things. We just like what we like, as the old lady said when she kissed the cow (one of my late father’s favourite expressions).

No. 3 is also odd, I think, because normally introverts are attracted to extroverts, or so the experts tell us. I can see the problem when an introvert is attracted to another introvert. Because, basically, nothing happens because nobody’s talking, and nobody’s making a move. That’s the biggest problem with being an introvert, as any introvert might tell you if they dared speak to you, which they won’t.

No. 1 needs no explanation, right?

So I was just in a crowded elevator with The Perfect Storm, and in my usual way, I stared down at the floor. And what did I notice? His shoes.

My fetish.

I swear my knees buckled.

Perfectly polished black wing-tips. Yep. I have a severe wing-tip fetish, and his were exquisite. I stared. I gulped.

Anyone who knows me knows I hate feet. I hate exposed feet. I don’t want to see a stranger’s feet. And I have no interest in shoes. Nothing bores me more than people who talk about shoes. Except wing-tips. God, I love them. They are so classy, masculine, severe (!) and appealing. And on a certain type of man, …well. Hubba, hubba!

Is that weird? Yes, of course it is. But it wouldn’t be a fetish if it was normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I have no clue what wing-tips are, but I plan to google them, just so I will. But I completely understand the items on your list being qualities that you find attractive. Military guys are hot, guys with accents are hot, and shy guys are hot. So yeah, your nickname for him fits perfectly!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cityofmushrooms said...

I'm picturing your wing-tip fellow in some kind of military scottish uniform which includes a kilt--hubba-hubba indeed

bet he has beautiful feet too...