Friday, March 02, 2007

Headline of the Day

Swiss Accidentally Invade Liechtenstein

ZURICH, Switzerland (AP) -- What began as a routine training exercise almost ended in an embarrassing diplomatic incident after a company of Swiss soldiers got lost at night and marched into neighboring Liechtenstein.

These things happen.

In a related story:

Liechtensteiners Thrilled to be in the News.

"Who cares if we were invaded? It proves we exist", declare jubliant citizens of tiny, near-fictional country.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lichtensteiners???...You mean, them dotted animated people who always seem to have a tear in their eye, uttering loser phrases such as "Oh, If only Brad would call, then I wouldn't drown" or "He said he would be here and now my pot roast is burnt!"

I hate them Lichtensteiners!!!!

JAW Fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I needed a phone call to have JAW's joke explained to me. Is there anyone else who doesn't get it?

(Please tell me I'm not alone.)

cityofmushrooms said...

you shouldn't have slept thru those 8 am art history classes

Anonymous said...

You know I rarely get any of the jokes you guys tell! I like to think it's due to the cultural difference rather than my lack of 'fancy book learnin'.

cityofmushrooms said...

it all stems from our funny-coloured money

Anonymous said...

Its OK, I don't get it either and I don't think I'm making a phone call to find out, so can someone explain it here so we all get it?