Monday, March 12, 2007

Daylight Savings Time, at the Office

Turned on my PC this morning, and it was correct. DST had arrived.

About half an hour later, a colleague popped into my office and said "the time on my PC was right and now it's wrong". I looked at mine, and yep, it was wrong, too.

About an hour later, I noticed it was correct again.

Went out to do an errand, came back half an hour later: it's back to being wrong.

Then we get an e-mail from IT. If your PC is still wrong, shut it down and restart it, it will be fixed. So I did that.

It's still wrong.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

the sky is falling!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is a familiar story - this exact thing happened to my PC at work last year when our daylight saving was extended - despite a 'special daylight saving patch' installed on all our PC's, my clock would be right then literally before my eyes flip back an hour. It took a looooot of fixing.......

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Mine is still wrong this morning. They told us to e-mail their "hotline" if we had a problem, but I'm waiting as I'm sure they have a huge backlog of complaints to deal with.