Monday, March 12, 2007

Getting in a Huff

Finally, finally, we get to see Huff. At long last it has been picked up here.

As a Hank Azaria fan, I’ve wanted to see this show since I first read about it, but it hasn’t been available. I missed the first episode last week, but caught it last night. I always tell myself I don’t really have another hour per week to waste watching t.v., but I liked it and I think I’ll stick with it.

Why? Oliver Platt. Because why do we watch t.v. if not to enjoy the antics of a coke-snorting, booze-soaked, hooker-hiring mendacious fattie of a lawyer. That’s entertainment!

One quibble. I realize this show is about a psychiatrist but is it possible to have too many crazy characters on the same show? It’s a given that the patients have to be crazy, but does the shrink have to be crazy? And does the shrink’s mother have to be crazy? If crazy is too strong a word, then let’s say highly neurotic. And the shrink’s wife is passive-aggressive. And the lawyer, well, if he isn’t crazy then he certainly has a few self-control issues. Is this show going to make me beg for a normal person? I used to think that about Six Feet Under. Must be the time slot. Sunday at 10:00 is reserved for people with big problems.

No comments: