Thursday, March 08, 2007

Every Campaign Needs a Nut

Things are heating up in the campaign

I love scandals. I love outrageous candidates. Boisclair is wincing because one of his candidates is (apparently) a Rwandan-genocide denier. Who knew that Rwandan-genocide deniers even existed? I had no idea. I thought this was something everyone agreed on. Well, Rwandan-genocide deniers do exist, and the PQ has one running in St-Henri. Fun will ensue.

I go through St-Henri riding just about every morning on the bus, and I noticed the PQ candidate’s signs and the fact that he has an English name. I wondered about that, but lots of Francophones have English or Irish names because of centuries of marriage between the “pure laines” and less than pure. I know. I’m one myself.

Anyway, it turns out Mr. Rwandan-Genocide Denier isn’t a Francophone with an English name, he’s an Anglophone.

I’m suspicious of any Anglophone who joins the PQ, and especially those who run for public office. You know how, on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry is always accused of being a self-hating Jew? That's how I think of Anglos in the PQ.

No comments: