Thursday, March 01, 2007

Election Campaign, Ho Hum

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t find the provincial election campaign very exciting so far. Nobody has said anything outstandingly stupid yet. There’s plenty of time left for that, I guess.

Where's Parizeau when we need him, by jove?


It’s a statistical three-way tie, but that doesn’t mean much, because I think it was the same thing last time, too. Does that mean a minority government for the Libs? Fine. Whatever.

I noted that the local PQ candidate has put up his signs around NDG. Poor guy. Talk about taking one for the team. I wonder how many people approach the Party and say: Please make me the PQ sacrificial lamb for the West End, pleeease. Perhaps this insures him some better riding in the future.

Russell Copeman, our incumbent MNA, has his posters up. They say: Vote for me and my giant Jewfro. Honestly, he could've gotten a decent haircut before getting his picture taken.

My riding always votes 85% Liberal, so my vote, whatever it is, is meaningless. If we have a Green in the running, I’ll throw away my vote in that direction. Otherwise, there must be a crazy Marxist-Leninist on the ballot, somewhere near the bottom. Just to make voting fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your PQ guy is my Liberal guy...

Why the poor Liberals even bother to waste money in my neighbourhood is beyond me. Instead of those costly colorful cardboard posters, he should just Scotch-tape some 8.5 x 11 photocopies on telephone poles for all the good it does!

JAW Fan

cityofmushrooms said...

my home-town riding was also a liberal sure-thing. I remember an all candidates forum at our cegep where only the sure-thing liberal didn't bother to show up

tho back then we had the rhino party to make it interesting-- where did those rhinos go?

and for comic relief bring back fat-jack-by-jove-parizeau and bernie and the launderettes!!