Friday, March 09, 2007

Hey, I performed a political act

Last night a guy knocked at the door with a petition. He was from the ADQ and said they were trying to get their candidate on the ballot and needed 100 signatures. I was very surprised that the ADQ didn't have a candidate running in my district. As the 3rd largest party, I thought they were now big enough to have candidates in every riding but they don't.

I thought it was wrong that we don't have an ADQ candidate to vote for, not that I would. But I think every party should be represented. So I signed the petition. I have no intention of voting ADQ, who are centre-right, but darn it! we should have the option to vote for them, like ' em or not.

I also felt sorry for the guy who was going door to door in minus 20 temps. I figured he believed in his cause, and good for him.

But I still won't vote ADQ.

No comments: