Thursday, February 08, 2007

On Noted Moobies, or why I love the Times of London

The world is in too depressing a state to think about today. So instead, let us concentrate on man boobs.

This is why the I love The Times of London. They can pull off this high-wire act of being a respected serious newspaper and still run items like this.

“A record 4,000 blokes in the UK had their man-breasts, or ‘moobs’, removed by cosmetic surgery last year. According to the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, that’s almost double the number for 2005, when 2,100 went under the knife for the same reason.”


"Newspapers have taken to printing shots of noted moobies, such as Simon Cowell, Tony Blair, Robbie Williams and Chris Moyles, going topless on holiday."

"Farcical, saucy, and somewhat tragic, man-breasts make ideal fodder for the British tabloid media.”

I love that last sentence. It says, tsk tsk, shame on the shameless tabloids for covering the exact same cheesy, funny story that we are now covering in our serious high-minded way.

Here’s the link:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article1334483.ece

Funny, I see no mention of the manziere or bro.


Saucy. I love that word, and yet I never find an opportunity to use it. I love the British.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: you not being able to use the word "saucy" --- that's because you do not attend enough swanky parties. Trust me, at a swanky do, the word just rolls off your tongue.

Example:
Him: (tells dirty, off-colour joke)
You: That's so saucy!

NB: For maximum effect, you should be holding a cocktail in your hand, some of which spills down the front of your dress after you smack him on the shoulder upon uttering the word "saucy" Practice at home tonight!

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

I was about to comment: "see fightclub, meatloaf in.",

but am now so distracted by the saucy cocktail party scenerio above that I can say no more

is nan wearing a mid-60's mini dress or maybe a multi-coloured caftan? does she have petulia clarke hair? frosted pink lipstick and white nail polish? also the shoes: another distraction even for a non-shoe-o-phile like myself. note: sergio mendez playing in the background and everyone is smoking virgina slims

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Where do I meet these swanks who will invite me to their swanky parties?

I imagine it is de rigeur for swanks to have their moobs removed.