Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's Oscar Day

and I don't care.

I think Ellen DeGeneres is the least funny person on Earth. She really bugs me, so I have no interest in watching the show tonight. Except that I have $5.00 in the Oscar pool, so my high stakes demand that I tune in.

Go Marty!

Update: Okay. I had to run some errands, so I picked up popcorn just for Oscar night. I also bought a bottle of wine, not specifically for Oscar night, but still. Don't nobody accuse me of not trying to make this evening fun.

(Actually, I'm still recovering from a bit of pre-birthday overindulgence on Friday night, so wine doesn't appeal to me that much. But it's there, in case of emergency.)

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

c'mon! what about laughing at the outfits and hoping people flub their lines or make politic speeches until the music drowns them out? what about joan and the red carpet?
not to mention oscar snacks!
miss mushrooms and I are ready to watch (and snack and cheer and jeer) until our eyes glaze over, and we are oscar-over-fed and over-done and are sick of it until next year. I can hardly wait!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I know. Normally, I'm so keen. It's our Super Bowl, after all. But this year I'm just kinda bleh about it. Maybe I should go buy some popcorn?

cityofmushrooms said...

yes! get those oscar snacks going!
you'll be glad you did.