Thursday, February 15, 2007

Adventures in Shovelling

I got home around 5:45. There wasn't much accumulation, but it was still snowing. Did my first round of shovelling. Finished in about 20 minutes. Sweet.

Went back out around 9:45. There was more snow than had accumulated all day. But the city plows had not gone by even once. Stupid snow. Stupid city. But I was keen. So I prettied up the place, and even did the roof! At 10:30 I was ready to go in, but lo and behold, here come the city plows.

At ten effing thirty.

Needless to say, my driveway got completely blocked. And I said: forget this. And went inside and went to bed. My driveway is still completely blocked this morning. Such is life. I'll deal with it tonight.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

you were on your ROOF???

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

No, silly. I have a roof shovel.

It's a thingie with two long extensions that allows me to pull snow down off the roof while standing on solid ground. It's a bit unwieldy but a $35.00 shovel is a heckuva better deal than a $10,000.00 new roof.