Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Breaking News: Chip Edition

I have been informed that Lay's have come out with a new curry flavoured chip.

2007: The Year of the Indian-themed snack food. It's about time!

More details as this important story unfolds...

UPDATE: Curry Lays are for now available only in Toronto and Vancouver. This is an outrage. Apparently Asian-Canadians aren't eating enough chips, so they are introducing two specialty flavs: Curry and Wasabi. But only in TO and VANC. Life is so unfair. Jeez, we've got Asians, lots of them. They need chips too!

The theory that only Asians would be interested in savoury curry or wasabi flavoured chips is totally racist. I'm contacting the Human Rights Commission. My chip-tasting rights are being violated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Chinatown has connections.

If not, will have to talk to my boss who has sisters and a daughter in Toronto.

The worse part is, not being available here only makes me want them more.

Note to the Lay's corporation: Me so hungry! Me love you long time!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

LOL.
I dare you to e-mail the Lay's Co. and offer up "Me so hungry" as a sure-fire-can't-lose marketing strategy.

cityofmushrooms said...

I don't think those chips are allowed out here, alas