Monday, February 05, 2007

From the Doritos News Desk

I tried the new flavour Tandoori Sizzlers. What a name. Like an Indian steak house, if such a religious abomination were possible.

Anyway, Tandoori Sizzlers certainly do sizzle. I had one and thought “interesting”. It tastes like that thin crispy bread you get as an appetizer, except it’s on a Dorito. I couldn’t argue with this. So I had another, and another. After about 6 chips, I realized I couldn’t feel the inside of my mouth anymore. Thus, “sizzler”.

I’d give them a 3 out of 5 on the Nanukian Doritos-meter. Good for the occasional treat, especially if you’re in the mood for Indian but don’t actually wanna pay for a restaurant meal, but not something I could eat every week.

The elusive Cool Ranch remain my faves. Maybe this is because I can never find them anywhere. Their mystique grows with each passing month I soldier on without them. They are my great lost love.

(Yep, I’m gearing up for Valentine’s Day. If I have to yearn for a chip, so be it.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool Ranch Doritos rock! I can't hold the bag while eating them, I have to take some out, put the bag away, then force myself to get back up and endure the humiliation of tha bag crinkling loud enough to wake the neighbors if I want more. I'm usually ok with the humiliation.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm still not smoking. It's a daily battle, and yes- it's like junk food. I'm losing the hell out of that battle!

gsdgsd13 said...

Nanuk, I will happily trade you a bag of the Cool Ranch Doritos (widely available in Atlanta) for a bag of the Dill Pickle Doritos (not even remotely available in Atlanta).

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

You got a deal.
I'll call FedEx in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Just count yourself lucky that they weren't Vindaloo Sizzlers!!!

JAW fan.

cityofmushrooms said...

I hear you on the Dill Pickle Doritos! Tandoori Sizzlers sound good, tho I'm sure we'll never see them out here.