Friday, February 02, 2007

In the news today

Here’s something I didn’t know:

“…a prominent Ottawa lawyer has been suspended from the practice of law for 60 days after a disciplinary panel ruled Friday that he had engaged in professional misconduct by having a sexual affair with a client.”

I really had no idea you couldn’t sleep with your lawyer. Really.


I don’t have a lawyer so I suppose the point is moot. But still.

It isn’t illegal but it violates the code of professional conduct.


I wonder who else you can't sleep with. Your accountant? (Wow, that would be verrrry exciting.) Your broker? Your doctor? Your dentist? (I know this is being violated by my dentist and the friend that referred me to him.) Your contractor? HA! That one happens all the time. Your auto mechanic. (Now THAT would come in handy.) Your favourite foreign correspondent? Anchorman?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really don't want to think about sleeping with my doctor- she has to be at least seventy. Favorite foreign correspondant? As far as I'm concerned, it would be unethical for us, as consumers of news, not to sleep with them. After all, they should have whatever it takes for them to perform at the highest level possible. That's what I would tell my husband anyway.