Friday, May 22, 2009

Poles on my Street

Nothing ever happens on my street...except for today. This is a quiet residential street that far too often turns into a drag strip. And no wonder, it's quiet alright, but it's also four cars wide.

I came home this evening to find that the city had installed four black and yellow striped metal poles, spaced just wide enough for a car to go through. I assume these are like vertical speed bumps, forcing cars to slow down to thread the needle, so to speak.

How long until one of the poles gets dinged? I say it happens this evening; certainly before the end of the weekend. If Kumar was still around, I'd bet big money that he would be the first to mow down a pole, but that is highly, highly unlikely.

I suppose some young idiots will see these poles as a challenges, try to drive between them without slowing down at all.

Those who know the street, know that this is a very long block. So how come these bumblebee maypoles ended up exactly in front of me? They would've been more appropriately sited next door in front of the Crazy Pole.

Oh well, if they are anything like the Stop sign at the corner of Fielding and Walkley, they should get flattened at least once a week.

No comments: