Thursday, May 14, 2009

Argh!

I haven't written anything about Canadian politics in a long time. You would've thought that an MP who terrorizes her servants would've motivated me, but no. Oh well.

But last night I saw the Conservatives' new attack ad on Iggy and I was disgusted. Is there any other sitting government party that runs vicious attack ads on the opposition when an election hasn't even been called.

I'm not an Iggy fan. I have said more than once that I truly believe the man lies when he claims to read the Sports section. Lies! Lies, I tell you.

But this ad that says Iggy is a Canadian of convenience, not a true Canadian, is crap. God forbid an academic leaves the country to have a successful career. He should've lived his whole life among the intelligensia of Calgary, right? What garbage. Because good Canadians live their whole lives here, like Mulroney, the $300,000 man.

I hate Harper.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

speaking of steve--I see that yann martel's book "what is stephen harper reading?" from his blog of the same name--is to be published this fall

and what IS he reading? probably the sports page that iggy isn't

gsdgsd13 said...

I'm going to make it my goal to use the phrase "Canadian of convenience" in coming days.

Also: when you say "Iggy" I figure you must be discussing Jarome Iginla.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Harper would never speak badly of Jarome Iginla. He's in Calgary, centre of all that is good and righteous.

(Harper is probably wondering how that dark fellow ended up on his team.)

cityofmushrooms said...

you mean you're NOT talking about the great james newell osterberg??
o that he WAS a canadian of convenience--even for a day or 2

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Too many Iggys spoil the soup.