Monday, May 11, 2009

News from the trenches

(Picture me in a World War I tin hat.)

In the bitter world of the romantic mail box, things are not looking promising at all.

I have been back in the on-line dating world for a week now, and let me tell you, friends, it’s dead out there. Deader than a dead Dom. Ain’t nuthin’ happenin’. Only old reliable Ignatius has any interest in talking to me, and frankly, I have to find a polite way to ditch him soon. Other than that, it has been pfffft.

So yesterday I decided to spend a bit of money and join another site, a paying one, to see if I can change my luck. I figure that the old site had one relationship in it, and that is over, so time to try another. It’s like a baseball bat that only has so many hits in it. Once it’s empty you gotta change bats, right? I think this old site had only one hit in it. No way there’s a second Kumar there (or anywhere else, come to think of it. He was a unique character.)

In joining a paying site, I am deluding myself into believing maybe there’s a higher grade of man. Like eggs or chickens. If they are willing to shell out a few bucks, well, maybe they are different from the others. I know. Who am I kidding? Anyway, I’m only joining for a month. I’ve already made a note on my calendar to not renew come June.


(Any wagers on how many weeks I can go before I email Kumar and say, this breaking-up was a terrible idea, come back now!? I predict I don’t make it to June.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If a guy pays cash on the Internet
To meet a girl...then it's a safe bet
To say he has lots o' cash to spare,
But sadly, he's probably lacking hair.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

hey I know a guy whose lacking hair and currently single and looking...has lots of money but is deluding himself in thinking he'll get that sexy babe on his arm who'll give him afternoon delight every day of the week. Oh he's really tall, so take him off your list.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I suspect your friend is not alone in the deluded middle-aged male dept.

There's more than one guy on this new site who is 49, and seeking a female 18 to 28. Good luck, lads.

cityofmushrooms said...

...george clooney