Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The basic food groups

Went to IGA yesterday. (Not looking to pick-up Jewish men.)

I sauntered by the goodie aisle and counted six packages of $1.59 glazed donuts. I considered them. I looked at them longingly. I fantasized about their glazy goodness. And I walked away. Empty-handed. Victory.

At the other end of the store, I spotted that Pringles were on sale this week. This time I did not walk away. I bought “Infernal Ranch” Extremes. Verdict? As I started to taste them, they didn’t seem so infernal, but after a few minutes my lips started to burn and swell rather unpleasantly. Like a bee sting. Ranch is supposed to be cooling and soothing, no? I was puzzled. So I put them away.

I’m reserving judgement until I give them a second sampling tonight. I may have to go back to Extreme Cheddar. They are tastier and less dangerous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought blue cheese barbeque. Disgusting sounding ay? Well I hope Mr. A. doesn't confuse them with the delicious salt&vinegar that also happen to be open. We know what his reaction will be and it won't be pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous said...

sorry I think they're blue cheese buffalo if that makes any difference!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I love the blue cheese buffalo. Very hot. I'm sure Mr. A. will not like them, simply because they are not salt'n'vinegar.

Anonymous said...

Love those chips too!...Bless Mr. President's Choice and your silver bags.

JAW fan