Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100

What do you do about a friend who has gone nuts on a diet? And, no, I'm not jealous.

One of my work pals started in January on one of those diets where the company sends you all your meals for the week, so you don't do any cooking. And she has stuck to it. All she has to buy are her fruit and vegetables.

She's lost over 25 pounds and she wasn't that big to begin with. Today I asked her how long she intends to stick with this. She said: I'd like to weigh 100 pounds.

I didn't say anything, but I suspect my hair was standing on end. It's one thing to weigh 100 when you are 20; it's a whole other thing to weigh 100 when you are 50-something.

Three words come to mind: Scrawny turkey neck.

I don't know how many pounds she still has to go, but she already looks too thin. She said she enjoys the control she feels on this diet. Being totally out-of-control myself these days, I can admire that. But I can't imagine aiming for 100 pounds. Yikes.

No comments: