Saturday, December 15, 2007

Waiting, waiting

Once again the newscasts and weather forecasts are trying to scare us with a BIG snowstorm warning.

It's gonna be The Storm of the Century! Hey, that's the second one this month.

On the late news last night they said if you have anything to do this weekend, make sure you do it on Saturday because you won't want to go out on Sunday. Yeah, right. Let's see what happens. Of course, as I am not only Miss Frugal, but also Miss Cautious, I did all my errands today so I can indeed huddle down tomorrow if need be. But one part of my brain is very skeptical.

If we do get 30+ cm of snow tomorrow, one thing is for sure, two Mondays ago we all made it into the office only to be told we could go home. So how many people who work in my building are going to exert themselves to make it to the office bright and early this Monday? Not effing many. And cetainly not me.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

the sky is falling! the sky is falling!

Anonymous said...

Its the same old story - if they don't tell you to expect the worse and it comes then everyone gets cross because they weren't warned....or they end up looking like Chicken Littles because whatever bad things could have happened didn't.