Friday, December 07, 2007

Good Snow Removal News for a Change

When I got home tonight the city had cleared the other side of the street. They always do the east side first, and us on the west side a day or two later. I don't know what this injustice exists. It just does, and we must live with it.

I had not cleared my driveway all week because I didn't need the car. But when I got home tonight, for reasons unknown, the city guys had cleared my driveway! Really. It was so strange and unexpectedly delightful.

I was outside with my Pogues-lovin', whiskey-swillin' neighbour and I said I should've bought a lottery ticket for tonight because this is my lucky day. And he said, no, this was obviously the ONLY lucky thing that was going to happen today, so a lottery ticket would've been a waste of money. I love an optimist. Sometimes he makes me look sunny by comparison.

We suspected that the city workers might've mistakenly thought that they had blocked my entrance with their equipment and pushed the snow in front of my driveway, which is why they then pushed it out. They didn't but who cares? All's well that end's well, as the bard once said, but not about snow clearing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..any chance it was your snow-tossing neighbour getting into the holiday spirit?

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

No. No chance. That asshole wouldn't know holiday spirit if a giant Christmas tree fell on him and crushed his miserable skull. Wait a minute...hmm.