Thursday, December 13, 2007

In the news

I was just about to post about Canada's nuclear reactor crisis which the entire world is ignoring, but then I saw this headline:

Liza Minnelli Collapses on Stage in Sweden

Knowing my readership (all 8 of you) I think I better keep everyone up to date on the Liza collapse and forget about the Chalk River reactor's failing pumps which may lead to our very own Chernobyl.

Therefore without further ado: "Veteran entertainer Liza Minnelli collapsed on stage a few songs into a performance in Sweden's second city and was taken to hospital before being discharged on Thursday, " (Washington Post) So, she's okay.

I know certain people around here (well, one person) who in his final moments when the radiation is reducing us all to goo like that guy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, will be asking with his final breath: "But is Liza okay? Will she take the stage again? gassssppp." The answer will be yes. He can die happy. We can all die happy. Life is a cabaret.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

well, thank god-with-a-G

Susieq said...

Its nice to see a blogger tuned into their readership!

However, if the reactor does go up, you will make that final post to let us know won't you?

Anonymous said...

I guess it's pretty safe to assume that I am that radiation-goo-dripping-is-Liza-OK-person?

Unless for some reason our Ottawa Reggae pal (You-Know-Whooley!) has been keeping secrets from us!

JAW fan