Monday, December 10, 2007

Surgery Update

When I met the surgeons last month, I was hoping to have the older guy do my surgery because I thought the younger one was too young. And too good-looking. I had fears of having young McDreamy because I assume if he’s a young good-looking surgeon then he is a hotshot who is full of himself, and I don’t want him.

I called the hospital this morning trying to track down the date of my surgery, and, yep, I’m getting McDreamy. How annoying. He did ask a couple of good questions during the initial consult, so maybe I’m worried for nothing, but this still makes me nervous.

I don’t even watch Grey’s Anatomy but I can still picture this hotshot (he’s Italian for god’s sake) flirting with nurses and ignoring me, THE PATIENT.

I don’t know the date because apparently McDreamy schedules all his surgeries and never tells his secretary anything. She is totally exasperated with him, and said she would call me back. She hasn’t. This does not bode well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...yes, but the older surgeon could fall asleep, have a memory lapse and forget what he'doing, lose his teeth, accidentally pass wind while performing the incision, get a cramp in his leg...

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

a few years back, my mother-in-law got a knee replacement from a friend of ours who is an ortho-guy

she was most worried by his apparent youth (he wasn't more than 35)

but fear not! the young dude did a good job as I'm sure dr mcdreamy will and at least he won't fall asleep at the scalpel

Susieq said...

Is this a sign that your're getting old??