Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Home again!

I hope everybody had a lovely Christmas.

I returned tonight to find there had been a truly spectacular thaw over the past 3 days. Snowbanks have shrunk considerably. This is grrrreat.

One day late: A belated Happy 50th Birthday to Mr. Shane MacGowan. I, for one, never thought he would live to see 50. What was it Orwell said, at 50 you have the face you deserve? Something like that. Well, I tried to find a decent pic of Shane to post for this big birthday, but frankly he has the face he deserves and it ain't pretty. So I passed on that photo idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I for one am glad you did. Article in the paper over the weekend on just this topic - how did he make it this far etc etc.

Christmas was very enjoyable - lots of seafood and pleasant weather. I hope you all enjoyed Christmas too.

cityofmushrooms said...

hbday mr MG, party on!
oh, you already did