Saturday, December 01, 2007

One Final Leap

I saw today on page A25 of The Gazette that Evel Knievel died. Wait a sec. When I was a teenager, he seemed to be ubiquitous. You couldn't go a week without hearing about another stunt, or planned stunt, by Evel Knievel.

And now his death is relegated to page 25?

It's not just me, right? Is it because I had male cousins who were obsessed with him? Is this why I think this should be much bigger news? I thought he was a much bigger star in American popular culture than it appears. He was Evel Knievel, dude!

Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, this got plenty of coverage on CNN, almost perhaps as some light relief from the Hilary siege.

cityofmushrooms said...

if evel is gone is "convoy" gone? how about "smoky and the bandit" and john denver and farrah and kc and the sunshine band??

is there absolutely no cheese left in the world or what?