Wednesday, November 28, 2007

World Report

Just because I haven’t been sufficiently outraged lately.

Item 1)

The British school teacher arrested in Sudan has been charged today with blasphemy, insulting Islam and inciting hatred after her pupils named a teddy bear Muhammad. Gillian Gibbons, 54, now faces 40 lashes, a six month prison sentence or a fine if convicted of the crime. (Times of London)


Let’s hope she gets off with a fine then leaves the country and never goes back to that hellhole again. I’ve had it with stories like this.

Item 2)

Annapolis Middle East conference. Annapolis is a sexy town, what with all those Navy men wearing dress whites. But what a joke. I’ve always known Bush is a lazy-assed c***s****er, but this is embarrassing. A one-day conference that results in a promise to have “benchmarks” by the end of 2008? That’s the accomplishment? I hope the participants at least got a nice supper and maybe a few decent buffet snacks ‘cause that’s all they got. What is one step below phoning it in? Bush is the pits.

mmmmm Annapolis

Item 3)

Strikes in France. I don’t care about real French news. I have to confess I only read stories about Sarkozy’s love life. Now those are interesting. If he’s really dragging more than one official babe to all his meetings, it proves that for a lot of women power is everything. I am reminded of the immortal words of Buck Strickland of Strickland Propane: “..I’ve got a pretty little mistress. I’m living like a Frenchman.”

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Sarkozy has a new girl - a journalist I think.

Benchmarks - ewww- sounds like the sort of talk that goes on at my work! (we're not solving international crisis or anything like that...)

Story 1 - I agree with you totally!

Anonymous said...

On a different note...I always thought that the use of the term c***s***** was rather derogatory to gays and never liked the use of it when refering to straight people. Of course, now that you have prefaced it with lazy-assed, it suggests that he's "just no good at it." I mean, if you're going to have your c*** s***ed, you surely don't want it done by someone who's lazy-assed and not into the whole thing.

I think lazy-assed C.S. will be my new term for gay men I despise.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I know I'm gonna regret going down this particular path, but you, sir, are being a bit narrow-minded in the assumption that only gay men are c*** s***ers! So there. You could also use the phrase lazy-assed C.S. for any woman you despise, too. Equal rights for all C.S.s.

Susie, I think Sarko's romancing the journalist and one of his cabinet ministers. Maybe she's the Justice Minister? I can't remember her title. And I'm not linking either of these ladies to the above paragraph.

Anonymous said...

I know this is going to turn into a bizarre discussion, but I do agree with you 100%...however, let's be realistic, when someone calls a man a CS, it's being implied that he's gay (not that he's a woman.)

But, to be fair, next time a woman on the bus upsets me, I will graciously call her a lazy-assed CS.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I never thought about it that much, but honestly I've never thought of it was a gay slur. I thought it was just insulting. Of course, I never thought about the word at all until I started watching Deadwood and it became an almost normal part of conversation.

How come women don't refer to each other as miserable CSs? Maybe it IS gay! Ok. Let's drop this.

cityofmushrooms said...

I never think gay or straight when c.s. is the curse word (curse phrase?) that comes out-I'm just mad and swearing

women call each other bitches and always have

oh, can I swear here?

let me ammend: "b**ches" how's that? o, wait- I could be referring to birch trees or something

never mind

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I can't believe you Mushrooms haven't been watching Deadwood. It's the best. But only after the kids are in bed.

cityofmushrooms said...

I miss everything!
durned night-teaching