Monday, November 19, 2007

New Rule: Crushes can't die

When you are the object of someone's (and by someone I mean me) desires, you can't die. You can't even almost die. It's stresses me and I can't stand stress.

Think back to last Spring and my infatuation with the grumpy, silent Scotsman with the great wing tip shoes. Things have progressed painfully slowly over the past months, and we are now on fairly regular speaking terms.

So what does he go and do?

Nearly die. What nerve!

He had emergency brain surgery over the weekend and is expected to recover. But man, doesn't he know the rule? My crush cannot die, he's not even allowed to come close. I'm already neurotic! Give me a break!

Imagine how Charlie Brown would've felt if the little red-headed girl had suddenly keeled over and died. His life would've been even more pathetic.

I don't want to be the Charlie Browniest! Is this gallows humour? Can humour get any blacker than this? I don't know. It's too surreal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to think of a response to this, but I just can't think of one. I hope Mr Wingtips will be alright - maybe this close call will change his attitude and he'll come back a changed man???

cityofmushrooms said...

he's a tough scotsman-he'll pull thru

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Well, it now looks like he'll come out of it okay, but what about brain damage? Memory, concentration, logic, judgement? Just because someone appears recovered doesn't mean they haven't suffered some kind of impairment. I'm just a worrywart.
Maybe he'll be nicer...HA