Sunday, November 18, 2007

Movie Round-up

This weekend I saw Death at a Funeral, which is very, very English. Pretty funny. I enjoyed it.

And I saw Michael Clayton, which wasn't as good as I was expecting. It won't ruin anything if I say that at the beginning of the film George Clooney escapes a car bomb, and then at the end there is a long sequence where we see the build-up to the car bombing, but I thought where's the suspense when we already know he's not going to die. I didn't see why this had to be revealed in the opening scenes. Odd.

One thing this movie tells us is that upstanding, honourable working class folk drive old Altimas. I could not agree more.

Happy to report that our cohort, George, is looking good for his 46 years. He looks his age. And still great. As do we all, right? Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course we do!
Saw Death at a Funeral last week - very silly indeed. You could see where the story was going, but still wanted to see it, if that makes sense.

In an unrelated topic, its World Toilet Day today (I think I need my own blog.....)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Gosh, I don't know how to celebrate World Toilet Day! I'm just glad it isn't World Boycott the Toilet Day!

cityofmushrooms said...

or World scrub the Toilet Day