Thursday, November 01, 2007

Philosophical Question of the Day

Is a life without bacon worth living?

There’s a big new cancer study that says if you want to avoid cancer and live a long healthy life, then you should stop enjoying life.

“Recommendations include avoiding processed meats such as ham, bacon, salami or any other meat preserved by smoking, curing or salting; only consuming small amounts of red meat; moderate consumption of alcohol; and avoiding junk food and sweet drinks.” (Times of London)

I’ll bet these medical wet blankets would classify Doritos as “junk food”, as opposed to the “food of happiness and spiritual fulfillment”, as they should be known.

Also unsurprising is that they recommend everyone be thin. Oh, that’s gonna happen. At my height, I should not weigh more than 128 lbs. Let me wipe away the tears of laughter.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

alas, those big cancer studies never say: drink a beer with your bacon sandwhich and then enjoy a player's light

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you just need to avoid bacon flavoured doritos? (if there is such a thing......)

Thats study got a lot of coverage here too and I thought - whats left to eat? I mean, how many foods over the years have been said to cause cancer? I remember once it was peanut butter! (can't remember if it was smooth or crunchy).

Anonymous said...

moderate consumption of alcohol???? but, the alcohol will help me to forget that I'm not eating bacon or chips.

Stupid study!

JAW fan

Jason Stockl said...

Am I to assume that sun-tanning and KFC (my 2 favorite things) are no-no's as well?