Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I am queen of all negativity

It appears I’m the world’s most superstitious lovelorn person because I’ve been avoiding commenting on the Scottish man’s hospitalization for fear that doing so will cause some horrible twist of fate.

But 12 days on, he’s still hanging in there. Still in intensive care, but not, you know…dead.

Being grim is really exhausting, so now I have to be light-hearted and positive about the whole ordeal. Tra la la. Tra la la. Everything will be fine. (I don’t believe this for a second! Who am I kidding?)

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

maybe you need some OPRAH therapy

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but when has watching Oprah ever made anything better??

12 days in ICU is a long, long time! Will he still have all his marbles when he comes out?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

At last report, he still has all his marbles and is no longer bleeding in the brain. So hopefully he will survive and be the same lovable unsmiling curmudgeon he was before.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Susie, Oprah supports "The Secret" and the power of positive thinking. Whereas, I support the idea of bashing anyone who believes in The Secret over the head with a copy of the DVD and/or book.

cityofmushrooms said...

there's a dvd of that thing??!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Oh yeah! From what I've heard it's all "new agey". Are we surprised? argh.

I may be wrong, but I think that craze is pretty well over, isn't it? I haven't heard anyone talk about The Secret in a long time.

Maybe The Secret - Special Christmas Edition is coming out?

Susieq said...

The Secret! That bloody awful new age clap-trap was written by an Australian woman. Where else to promote this drivel than in LA.