Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another Baffling Moment In Advertising

Maybe it was a dream, but I’m quite certain I’ve seen a commercial for an American beer (I think it’s Coors) whose selling point is its coldness. It’s America’s coldest beer. I think there is even some little thing on the can to help you recognize that it is cold. Because, you know, just touching it is so deceptive and unreliable. Is there a law that prevents all beers other than Coors from being put in the fridge? I’m confused by this.

If I was a Coors exec and I was watching a pitch from my ad man (for whose services I’d assume I’m paying a lot of money) and he said: Coldness. We’ll sell the idea of the beer being very cold, I would say: You, sir, are an idiot. Then I’d hit him with something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we have an ad like that here, but as I'm not a big beer drinker, can't think of the brand. Anyway, a beer is only as cold as the fridge its in!

Anonymous said...

It could have been worse, their ad-man might have tried to claim that their beer was the wettest.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

That's the campaign for 2008!