Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Day So Far


Occasionally I have to work with a gentleman I think of as the Delightful Eccentric. Yesterday, we arranged that I would be in his office promptly at 8:30 this morning. Well, as usual, I was late so I didn’t show up until 8:50. I stopped to say hello to his secretary, and when he spotted me outside his office, he leapt from behind his desk and promptly SLAMMED his office door shut, causing his secretary to gasp and scream just a tiny bit. And left me standing there with my mouth hanging open.

Ten seconds later, he opens the door a crack, peaks out and says “you’re late”. And then happily welcomes me into his office.

I had told him I only needed 10 minutes of his time, and it turned out he could answer my questions in about 2 minutes, so he sadly said “you’re finished? But we still have 8 minutes!” so I thought of other questions to ask him. What a nut.

You don’t need a coffee to wake up when this is your first meeting of the day.

He’s retiring next year, and I’m going to miss him.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

ah! there are so many people I'd like to slam doors on....but haven't and (alas) won't

Anonymous said...

Good thing sitar-playing C. has retired...Otherwise, all that door slamming might move his cup.


JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Who p'd in his coffee and if someone hasn't yet, you should. What a jirk.

N.

Anonymous said...

Oh, if I only had a door....

Anonymous said...

I agree - I work in an open plan office - you just can't avoid people.

That guy should take up acting in his retirement.